Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Center of Our Galaxy



This just-released photograph of the center of our Milky Way galaxy will be hung on classroom walls throughout America. I think it's absolutely beautiful. For more details read the Science News article here

Well, that didn't work, and so, frustrated that my questions weren't being answered at Science News, I asked George Musser,   Senior Editor at Scientific American for help and he he directed me to the Chandra website, here

Now, THAT'S interactive! To whit, the picture is a composite of the following wavelengths:

                                                                  X-RAY :



INFRARED:



OPTICAL (VISIBLE) :




COMPOSITE :




BUDDY CHRIST :




Please don't ask why I threw that pic from the film "Dogma" in there. I can't figure my own brain out, who can?

I'm unique, just like everyone else.

:-)









No comments: