Friday, January 29, 2010

Hořava-Lifshitz gravity

Interestingly, if Hořava-Lifshitz gravity is combined with Kaluza-Colyer 5-D(4S+1T) Toroidal-Cylinder Theory, all the problems of particle physics are solved, including the masses of the fundamentals and Dark Energy and Dark Matter as well (they're geometrical, as expected).

LOL, no they're not. But only because I haven't fully explored Kaluza-Colyer theory! :-)

What's Horava Gravity? Read here:

Hořava-Lifshitz gravity

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hořava-Lifshitz gravity (or Hořava gravity) is a theory of quantum gravity proposed by Petr Hořava in 2009.[1] It solves the problem of different concepts of time in quantum field theory and general relativity by treating the quantum concept as the more fundamental so that space and time are not equivalent (anisotropic). The relativistic concept of time with its Lorentz invariance emerges at large distances. The theory relies on the theory of foliations to produce its causal structure. It is related to topologically massive gravity and the Cotton tensor. It is a possible UV completion of general relativity. The novelty of this approach, compared to previous approaches to quantum gravity such as Loop quantum gravity, is that it uses concepts from condensed matter physics such as quantum critical phenomena. Hořava's initial formulation was found to have side-effects such as predicting very different results for a spherical Sun compared to a slightly non-spherical Sun, so others have modified the theory. Inconsistencies remain.[2][3]
Amazingly, Hořava-Lifshitz gravity seems tailor made for Bohmian Mechanics. Together, they give the first and only self-consistent philosophical framework to reconcile quantum mechanics' intrinsic non-locality with gravity's low-energy effective symmetry: Lorentz invariance.

References

See also

External links

2 comments:

Steven Colyer said...

The relativistic concept of time with its Lorentz invariance emerges at large distances.

Would it be too much of a stretch then to ask if time comes to a near halt at small distances? For near-light speed gluons, I suppose it might seem that way.

Steven Colyer said...

Time comes to a halt near small distances! Why ... why ... why that's ... UNORTHODOX!

Wow, look at me, talking to myself. Well, why not? I am my own best friend. I know me best. And if nobody else talks to me, there's always me. I'm always available, except when I'm sleeping :-) No, even then because then I speak to myself in dream-speak, which is entertaining.

"Consciousness is that uncomfortable period between naps."

Who said that?

Back on topic ...

The ONLY way time could come to a near halt or a standstill at small distances, I/We figure, if we are to accept Relativity, is if these "fundamental particles" (treated as zero dimensional points in Quantum Field Theory ... and mis-treated as 1-dimensional "strings" in bogus Superstring theory), would be ... here it comes ... if the fundamental particles were tiny black holes.

OK, you can go ahead and yell at me now, and tell me why I'm wrong.